Still lucky enough to have some ears of sweet corn entering your kitchen these past few weeks? Here is a great use of them. This is a simple vegetarian recipe, that takes little effort and is really delish. It can be served as a side or a main dish, with a side salad.
Sweet Corn Fritters
Adapted from Gen Y Foodie
- 4 Ears Fresh Corn, Shucked and Cleaned
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 Small-Medium Red Onion Onion, minced
- 4-5 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Medium Avocado, diced
- Sriacha Sauce (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Apple sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Cut corn off of cob into a large bowl.
2. Mix corn, garlic, onion, jalapeno, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix in beaten egg and flour, and stir to thoroughly combine.
3. Shape corn mixture into patties and dust with breadcrumbs. If you’re having a hard time keeping them together, you can either add some apple sauce, or another egg to the mixture (I opted for apple sauce, which worked perfectly).
4. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook fritters in hot oil for 3 minutes on each side, then transfer to baking sheets and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Serve fritters with sriacha (or hot sauce of your choice) and top with diced avocado. Enjoy!